There are so many diverse ways to use dryer sheets, you can clean almost everything with them. They have an anti-cling effect so there are numerous uses for them. I would definitely recommend you give it a try and I’m sure you will be happy with the results… you can even reuse them sometimes, how good is that? 😉
1. In the kitchen: For all of us who (sometimes) leave our food on for a tad bit too long.. and our poor pots and pans end up, well, a bit burned, how annoying is it trying to remove the burnt bits at the end when trying to wash up?! Well… if you soak these dishes in nice warm water for a while with a dryer sheet or two, you will be very surprised with how easy the cleaning will be 😉 give it a go.
2. In your car: Pop a few sheets around various places in your car like in the glove box, under your seats, under your matts, or fold them up nice and small and just put it a little bit inside your air con fans! Doing this will leave you with a beautiful fresh smell every time you open up your car door and sit inside. And when your passengers sit in beside you they will be impressed with the freshness of your car 😉
3. Cleaning your bathroom: All you need to do is dampen an already used dryer sheet and start cleaning around your shower head and taps. This will help you to easily remove soap build-up and mineral deposits.
4. Keeping bugs and insects away: When the weather is nice and warm and you want to open up your windows and let some fresh air in, but you’re a bit weary of the little bugs making their way inside your home. Here’s a little trick for you to keep them at bay! Place a couple of dryer sheets along the window rim and they should turn right back around and try someone else’s house ;P Or when you’re out for a nice picnic, but the thought of the bugs is putting you off, don’t let it ruin it for you any more, just pop a couple of sheets in your basket when you’re heading out and these little greedy bugs will be steering clear of your nice tasty picnic. If you really want to be sure that they don’t come anywhere near you, just rub a sheet directly on your bare skin to ensure they well and truly keep their distance!!
5. Bits and bobs in storage: The likes of suitcases, sports equipment, camping gear and even bits & pieces out of your kitchen or living area, just roll up a few dryer sheets with your stuff while storing it. And when the time comes for you to pull it back out after however long it’s been stored away in darkness for, you will not be faced with that dusty, almost damp odour, instead you will be greeted with a nice fresh scent.
6. When you sleep: Slip one or two dryer sheets in your pillow case and under your matters sheet to give you a beautifully crisp scent of freshness as you lay your head down to have a peaceful nights sleep.
7. In your hoover: Place a dryer sheet in the dust containment unit or hoover bag. As the hot air moves around while you hoover, it will blow out a nice scent to greet you. (Make sure wherever you place the dryer sheet that it is in no way at all a fire hazard, if in any doubt just give this one a miss).
8. Keep your clothes nice and fresh: Take a few dryer sheets and place around your clothes in your drawers and tuck some away between your clothes in your wardrobes as well, to keep that just washed scent flowing for weeks 😉
9. At work: Why not tuck a couple of sheets around you at work, in places like your desk drawers, behind your computer, under your table and anywhere else you think this will combat the stench of stale cigarette from some of the people around you and have all your colleges jealous of your fresh flowing scent everyday.
10. Dusting: This one is a winner for me, I can’t stand when I’m trying to get the dust off something and it just keeps moving around the area, but when you give a dusty surface a wipe with some of these dryer sheets it’s just so easily removed! It can clear the dust off of almost anything, including sawdust and drywall residues.